Jersey Shore, NJ
Break A Difference (B•A•D) programs are offered in a variety of cities across the nation. More than three years after Hurricane Sandy devastated the Jersey Shore, hundreds of families remain displaced. Led by trained site supervisors, Break’rs will perform basic construction such as hanging drywall, insulating and painting homes to help families return home. A ferry ride to New York City allows everyone to get a taste of the Big Apple.
At A Glance
Hurricane Sandy was the largest Atlantic storm on record. Total cost of storm damage across New Jersey is estimated to be upwards of 8.3 billion dollars destroying about 346,000 homes. Hundreds of families in Monmouth County are still rebuilding.
Cost includes the following:
- $395 per participant (personal fundraising websites available)
- 3 Meals per day
- Local transportation to and from service sites
- Local transportation to and from local transportation hubs during arrival and departure
- Team building and reflection activities
- Opportunities to explore to nearby attractions (i.e. Jersey Shore, New York City, etc.)
- Newark Penn Station
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR); shuttles available from JFK or LGA to EWR at your own cost
NOTE: Each participant is responsible for for their own travel to and from ASB cities (i.e airplane, train, bus, car, etc.)
Learn More About Jersey Shore