New Orleans, LA
Break A Difference
(B•A•D) programs are offered in a variety of cities across the nation. Over the last decade, as New Orleans has rebuilt after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, an array of initiatives have developed not only to replace what was lost, but to build some of the supports that didn’t exist prior. ASB participants will help in many aspects including urban gardens, youth development and environmental projects that help families keep more of their earnings while also reducing their carbon footprint.
At A Glance
New Orleans is located in southeastern Louisiana on the banks of the Mississippi River. While the hurricane caused significant damage, the city had been facing poverty rates of 23% prior to the storm.
Break’rs will also visit museum exhibits to learn more about the history of the city and get an in-depth look at Hurricane Katrina.
Cost includes the following:
- $495 per participant (personal fundraising websites available)
- 3 Meals per day
- Local transportation to and from service sites
- Local transportation to and from local bus or plane hubs during arrival and departure
- Team building and reflection activities
- Opportunities to explore to nearby attractions (i.e. French Quarter, Jackson Sq, etc.)
- Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY)
Each participant is responsible for for their own travel to and from ASB cities (i.e airplane, train, bus, car, etc.)
Learn More About New Orleans