Break A Difference
(B•A•D) programs are offered in a variety of cities across the nation. Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg and other philanthropists have dedicated millions of dollars to transform the educational experience for Newark youth. Break’rs provide enrichment services in after-school computer labs, arts & crafts, homework help and physical education programming. In addition, a trip to New York City allows everyone to get a taste of the Big Apple.
At A Glance
Newark is located 15 miles west of New York City. The city has a 29% poverty rate and one of the highest murder rates in the US.
Cost includes the following:
- $395 per participant (personal fundraising websites available)
- 3 Meals per day
- Local transportation to and from service sites
- Local transportation to and from local bus or plane hubs during arrival and departure
- Team building and reflection activities
- Opportunities to explore to nearby attractions (i.e. Downtown Newark, New York City, etc.)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR); shuttles available from JFK or LGA to EWR at your own cost
Each participant is responsible for for their own travel to and from ASB cities (i.e airplane, train, bus, car, etc.)
Learn More About Newark