Break A Difference (B•A•D) programs are offered in a variety of cities across the nation. Our efforts in Tucson will focus on education and the environment. Break’rs will travel to one of six Boys and Girls Clubs that serve the diverse population of Tucson, including one on the Pascua Yaqui Reservation. At each of the clubs, volunteers will infuse enriched programming to promote positive youth development.
At A Glance
In Tucson, and the surrounding area, there are more than 6,000 runaway or homeless youths, mostly due to poverty. Because of this, our programs at the BGC are so important. Break’rs will have the opportunity to visit Tucson’s historic downtown and go on hiking excursions.
Cost includes the following:
- $395 per participant (personal fundraising websites available)
- 3 Meals per day
- Local transportation to and from service sites
- Local transportation to and from local bus or plane hubs during arrival and departure
- Team building and reflection activities
- Opportunities to explore to nearby attractions (i.e. Hiking at Gates Pass, San Xavier, etc.)
- Tucson Greyhound Stop
- Tucson International Airport (TUS)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
NOTE: Each participant is responsible for for their own travel to and from ASB cities (i.e airplane, train, bus, car, etc.)
Learn More About Tucson