Break A Difference
(B•A•D) programs are offered in a variety of cities across the nation. Washington, DC not only houses our nation’s Capital and White House, it houses our largest Alternative Spring Break program. Break’rs will take programming to the next level for youth in many ways, including homework help, arts & crafts, and athletic activities.
At A Glance
Nearly 650,000 people live in Washington DC. More than 1 in 4 children in the District live in poverty, this comes out to about 28%. While DC spends more than any state in the country for education, at $20,530/student, it has the second to worst public school system in the country.
Cost includes the following:
- $395 per participant (personal fundraising websites available)
- 3 Meals per day
- Local transportation to and from service sites
- Local transportation to and from local bus or plane hubs during arrival and departure
- Team building and reflection activities
- Opportunities to explore to nearby attractions (i.e. Capital, DC Monuments, Baltimore, etc.)
- DC Union Station, DC Greyhound Station
- Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA)
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI); trains available from IAD to DC Union Station at your own cost
Each participant is responsible for for their own travel to and from ASB cities (i.e airplane, train, bus, car, etc.)
Learn More About Washington, DC